In Vedic astrology, after Moon, Sun is considered the second most important planet which has the maximum impact on an individual. Sun affects overall personality, position, power, recognition, ambition, fulfilment and stability of an individual in various aspects of life. If Sun is powerful in a chart, it can negate the bad effects of other planets to a large extent. For example, if a Person has an exalted Sun in his chart and a debilitated Saturn or Jupiter or Mars on his chart, this powerful Sun has the potential to negate out the negative effects of the debilitated planet.
Depiction of Sun God riding a chariot with 7 horses, the charioteer being God Aruna. The 7 horses represent the seven colours of light (VIBGYOR) and seven days in a week.
Sun is considered exalted in Aries (“Mesha”) and debilitated in Libra (“Tula”). It means, if Sun is present in house of Aries, it is considered Exalted (“Uchh ka soorya”) and if Sun is placed in the house of Libra, it is considered Debilitated (“Neech ka Soorya”). Sun is exalted at 10 degrees in Aries.
What does Sun Represent?
Sun is exalted in Aries, so we have to first understand what does the house of Aries represent.
Aries represents overall personality of a person. Aries and Sun have a common element – Fire. Aries represents energy, passion, enthusiasm, ambition, potential, vitality, the ability to withstand adverse situations, the ability to perform critical and difficult tasks — all of this is known from the house of Aries.
Aries also represents confidence and aggression. A person with an exalted Sun in Aries will enjoy all these qualities in his personality. He will be super enthusiastic in whatever he does. He will be very confident, will be ambitious, will have a passion for whatever he does. Aries also represents Anger and ego, so an Exalted Sun also means that this person will have a relentless Ego and Anger dictating his actions. He will lose control and sometimes will be super agitated beyond any measure.
Sun also represents dignity, self respect and worthiness. A person with a good position of Sun in his/her chart will have a high self esteem and a greater sense of self respect than normal people. These people will always keep them away from unworthy things and experiences. Their self respect is of utmost priority to them. These people will never cheat or trick others, they will be honest, trustworthy and will always try to protect their dignity and position. These people do not mind about losing money but they will lose sleep if their respect is shattered in some way.
Sun also represents Father. If a person has good position of Sun in his/her chart, it means that his/her father will be a respectable person in society with good position, power and fame. Sun represents Government, diplomatic relations and anything related with Administration. If you want a job in public sector or a central government job like IAS, IPS, Civil Services, it cannot be achieved if Sun is placed negatively or afflicted in your chart. Any government official, minister, diplomat or anyone who is related with government in any way must have Sun placed positively in their chart.
A good placement of Sun is mandatory if you want success in the field of politics, administration, law and order. If you are a Judge in court, a lawyer, a police officer, a district magistrate or someone who is in administrative field, you will not go very far is Sun is not well placed or does not have enough strength in terms of Degree, Nakshatra and other things.
Sun is also the planet which controls the reputation and fame of a person. If someone has bad reputation in society, it is very much possible that the position of Sun in that person’s chart is not favourable.
The Effects of an Exalted Sun in a Birth Chart
Now let’s learn what are some of the effects seen in an individual’s life is Sun is exalted in the house of Aries
- These people have high confidence, super ambitious, heavily enthusiastic and full of energy. It does not matter what task you give them, they will put all their energy into it and get you the best outcome that is possible. These people will not quit something in the middle, they will complete it and only then they will move it to some other task. Since Sun represents Arrogance and Aggression, these people sometimes becomes arrogant and lose sleep on a small inaccuracy in their work. They are perfectionists.
- In adverse situations and circumstances, these people do not collapse easily. They hold their ground till the last moment and struggle their way out. They believe in making their own way alone, rather than seeking help from others. They will rather fight alone and die than seek help from others and survive.
- These people are often seen working in Government jobs, administrative jobs, in politics, law and order or something which is related with government in any way. A combination of good Sun, Mercury or Sun and Jupiter makes a top ranked Government official or an Ambassador. A combination of Good Sun and Mars gives success in the fields of Armed Forces. A combination of Good Sun and Moon gives success in the fields of Foreign ministry or public relations. A combination of Good Sun and Jupiter makes a renowned Politician or minister.
- These people value respect and dignity above all. They try to raise themselves in society and always want power, position and respect of other people. Bad reputation is worse than death, they take it very seriously and try to protect their image at all costs.
- Sun is also the planet which governs Leadership skills of an individual. An Exalted Sun makes an excellent leader of a group. It could mean a politician or a team leader in a call center or in a corporate company, the outcome depends on lots of other things. But generally speaking, a position of Good Sun makes a good leader.
- A good position of a sun indicates gains from Father. This person is more influenced by his father or a fatherly figure in his life.
- An exalted Sun sometimes gives bad qualities like Arrogance, Vainglory, Excessive pride and Ego to an individual. These people are often seen swimming in ego, especially when the Sun is in conjunction with Jupiter or Rahu or been influenced by them. They also belittle people through words and behavior and consider them more important than they actually are.
- A conjunction of Exalted Sun with Mars or Ketu makes a man fearless and hugely successful in Armed forces, Navy or Air Force. If you see the charts of Admirals, colonels, commanders of huge forces, you will see a positive position of both Sun Mars Ketu or some conjunction happening.
- A conjunction of Sun and Saturn sometimes makes a good sportsman or success in business related to Sports, Entertainment or recreation.
- A conjunction of Exalted Sun and Venus in the chart of a businessman may indicate bankruptcy or total collapse. This is because Venus is mistress and it is often this mistress which leads to the downfall of the King, which is Sun. Eminent business people or people who enjoy lot of power may suddenly go bankrupt or lose their position if Venus’s antardasha or mahadasha is coming or there is some influence of Venus being observed at that time. So you can see, an Exalted Sun does not always give only positive results. It’s conjunction with other critical planets may give negative results as well.
- An exalted Sun may sometimes cause lack of fulfilment of sexual desires. Sun gives aggression and this aggression or ego can become a barrier in romance and emotional relationships.
- An Exalted Sun found in the chart of Leo ascendant (“Simha lagna”) makes a person super angry, cruel, destructive and unpredictable. This person is a wild wolf who has the capacity to destroy everything that comes in his wayPlease note – Not everyone who has an exalted sun in their chart will have all these qualities. There will be variations, which depends on Nakshatra, current Mahadasha, Antardasha and lot of other possible permutation combinations. But this is a general observation seen in the personality and life of a person with an Exalted Sun in their chart.
The Effects of Debilitated Sun in Birth Chart
- Sun is considered Debilitated in the house of Libra (“Tula Rasi”). A debilitated Sun causes lack of enthusiasm, drive, ambitions and energy. These people are forever procrastinating. They seldom execute. They are slow movers. They keep thinking and contemplating. These people lack courage and confidence. They are fearful. They will think 100 times before making a small decision or choice.
- A debilitated Sun causes lack of self esteem or self worth. They consider themselves not good enough for something. They undervalue themselves. When they are given a difficult task, they will usually say – “I don’t think I can do it successfully, let me think and get back to you after 1 week.”. It also makes the individual Dull, lack of enough will power to do something and just letting days pass by.
- A debilitated Sun causes downfall in reputation, position in society, Job loss, loss in business or some type of debt. It is bound to happen once or twice in life, depending on other aspects in the chart.
- A debilitated sun may also lead to depression and mental disorders.
- A debilitated sun does not always give bad results. It makes a person creative and increases the power of imagination. Sun bring debilitated loses it’s basic traits of aggression and dominance and these traits are replaced with the traits of creativity, imagination, expression and art. You will find a debilitated Sun in the chart of famous painters, poets and musicians. Sun will not stop doing it’s job but because it is debilitated, the traits will be reversed. That does not mean it is always for the bad, sometimes it can be for good. You have to see the Nakshatra of the Sun for precise predictions and Drishti of other planets like Jupiter, Mercury, Saturn, Ketu etc.
- A debilitated Sun may lead to bad relations with Father. This person will quarrel with his father (or Boss or superiors or fatherly figures ) over silly reasons, his father’s health might be affected, his father’s job or business may suffer loss, or there could be even untimely death of his father. Sun represents Father and if Sun is afflicted or debilitated, it generally indicates unfavourable conditions for the subject’s father.
- A debilitated sun makes an unconditional follower. He will do whatever is told and becomes an obedient employee. He trusts other people’s judgement and conviction rather than his own abilities. A debilitated sun is a big barrier in becoming a successful entrepreneur or an independent business owner. He is not courageous and is fearful of crisis and adverse circumstances, hence always sticks to the safest option available. Although Mercury is the planet which governs business but if Sun is debilitated, it will lower the confidence of a person and he is less likely to succeed in an independent profession.
- A debilitated sun gives problems related to Heart, eyes and bones. This person will suffer more in case of a disease because his energy levels is low and it will take more time for him to recover, compared to other people.
Never Intimidate the Sun God
One should be careful in his behaviours and actions and never intimidate the Sun god. Sun is the source of energy and light, which propels the entire life cycle process, so if Sun is intimidated, then there is no going back.
If Sun is not happy with you, it will crush you to that extent beyond imagination. Not only will sun take your fame, reputation, position, power, self confidence, self respect, fulfilment and energy but it will make you so dull and depressed that you will lose a reason to live.
Sun god is intimidated if someone does the following actions
- Addicted to Alcohol, gambling or women.
- Speaks lies
- Is dishonest or corrupt
- Takes Bribes
- Speaks ill of others.
- Treats other people poorly, specially poor people and exploits others for his own benefit
- Hurts animals
- Doesn’t groom himself regularly, doesn’t take baths every day and wears dirty clothes.
- Is not fearful of God and considers himself too powerful.
- Is a glutton
- Tries to escape Taxes.
- Always blames others for a situation or circumstances.
- Insults others and has no control on his speech.
- Is Lustful towards women and tries to take undue advantage of weak.
- Stays awake the whole night and sleeps in the day time.
- Credits money to others and collects interest in return
- Opens a business and frauds innocent people, takes their money and runs away.
- Charges heavy tax or fee for some service which people cannot afford to pay for and exploits the situation because he has a monopoly over it.
- Quarrels or argues with Father and is not obedient of elders.
- Disrespects the teacher or humiliates a Brahmin.
- Eats meat
- Does not return money or articles he has taken on loan from others.
- Deprives a child in some way for example child labor, exploitation or some other sort of harassment.
If Sun is intimidated by your actions, no other planet can help you no matter how strong that planet is in your birth chart. It is because Sun is the king of solar system and without’s Sun’s wish, none of the other ministers can help you out in achieving your potential. Sun is the de facto Chief Boss of this solar system so you should never ever intimidate the Sun God. If you do, Sun will burn your life like it does burn dry leaves in the season of summer.
How to Pacify Sun God if he is Angry on You?
If you are leading a miserable life and there are lots of problems in every aspect of your life, there is a chance that either Sun god is not happy with you or his Son Saturn is not happy with you. Saturn is the son of Sun god and it’s anger is even greater than Sun.
If you are living a miserable life with low income, lot of debts to pay, no good relationships, lack of fulfilment, purpose, loss in business, problems at work and quarrels with boss and superiors, loss of house or property, long stretching disease making you bankrupt, loss in power, position, divorced, unable to have children, no respect in society, facing court cases or you are imprisoned – there is a high chance that Sun is unhappy with you or the position of Sun in your birth chart is not favourable.
There are many remedies you can take but I am sharing the simplest one.
Go to bed early and wake up before Sunrise. Sun likes those people who start their day early, who wake up before Sun wakes up and those who salute the Sun every day (Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise). If possible, perform Surya Namaskar. Salute the Sun and try to relive his anger by giving him you respect.
If you don’t want to do Surya namaskar, offer water to Sun by facing the Sun while it is rising and Orange in colour There is no point in offering water to the Sun at 11 Am or at Noon when the Sun is Yellow in colour. The water is to be offered at the time of Sunrise only, when Sun is visible half risen at the Horizon.
While offering Water, the falling water should be in the middle of you and sun, which means, you should see the Sun through the falling water from a copper bowl. The Sunlight has to pass through the falling stream of water and reach your eyes. While offering water, recite this mantra –
“Om sooryah namah, Om Adityah namah”
Next, you can chant Surya Beej mantra 108 times facing the direction of Sun
“Om Hram Hrim Hroum Sah Suryaha Namah”
Pacifying the anger of Sun creates many positive effects in life and negates dullness, inactivity, depression, debts, diseases and enemies.
- If your money is stuck with someone and he is not returning it, worship the Sun God and your money shall return. This is also true for investments in stock markets, mutual funds or online trading.
- If you are giving government job examinations and not getting success, worship the Sun God.
- If you are going through bankruptcy or fighting a difficult court case, worship the Sun God.
- If your father’s health is not well, worship the Sun God.
- If you are not getting recognition or acceptance of your work and having disputes with seniors, Sun God is to be pacified.
- If you have recently lost a job, suffered terrible loss in business, have been imprisoned or jailed, have lost status and image in society, Sun God is to be worshipped with utmost devotion.
Sun is the source of all the energy and it helps to cure depression, dullness, inactivity and can pacify any battle you are fighting. If you are not in the good books of Sun God, no other planet can even dare to come to your rescue.